Bingo is used to be known as a boring game in the Old People’s Home. But since the coronavirus completely changed our working methods, somehow Bingo became a fun activity that can be played remote too. We have 3 Remote Work Bingo ideas for you, to get your colleagues hyped.
How to play a WFH bingo?
Work from home Bingo can be easily played. Create a template and send it out to your employees.
The rules are simple:
- Create a 5×5 board
- You should put a “FREE SPACE” in the middle of the board
- If someone is ready with a bingo card, that person should “make a proof”
The first person who gets a BINGO should be rewarded with a funny gift.
Remote work bingo ideas
Bingo for remote employees has to be refreshing. So, don’t play traditional bingo with boring numbers, use creative ideas, activities, or even work tasks to replace the numbers.
In this article, we will give you some tips on what to write on the bingo cards!
Bingo brings people together and encourages communication, but it can also change our habits. Have you ever tried to implement a bingo that rewards if someone can skip cigarettes for a whole day or week?
Habit-changing bingo motivates employees in a fun way to live healthier and maintain a less stressful work environment. A goal is to improve employee engagement at the workplace.
If you want to change habits through a bingo game, you also have to communicate it well and higher the prizes. If someone is able to skip cigarettes, that person definitely needs a better award than someone who collected 5 numbers in a row.
Card ideas for habit-changing bingo:
- Do a Meatless Monday
- Take a 10-minute break every hour (get up from your computer)
- Don’t create a scheduling conflict in the next two weeks
- Do chair yoga
- Work while standing for an hour
- Give a gift to a co-worker
- Use the public transport for a whole week
- Water the plants
- Drink 2 liters of water
- Don’t smoke for a day
- Run 5 kilometers
Virtual meeting bingo
A much funnier way of remote working bingo can be done during a virtual meeting. For now, everyone has a story to share about some blooper that happened during a call.
Card ideas for virtual meeting bingo:
- Someone says “can you hear me?”
- “Do you see my screen?”
- “I was on mute”
- Someone speaks while walking
- Someone drinks
- Someone yawns
- You see a pet
- Someone interrupts the speaker
- Someone disconnected
- Spot a new headphone
- “Are we all here?”
- Someone using a funny background effect
- Loud typing noises
How about a walking bingo?
Walking is an effective way to maintain a healthier lifestyle and decrease stress (so we definitely recommend you to take a short walk during work if you are stressed). So, why shouldn’t you make a walking bingo too?
Card ideas for a walking bingo:
- Walk to the office
- Walk 10000 steps a day
- Have a walking meeting
- Walk more than your colleague
- Win a walking challenge
- Do a scavenger hunt
Remote team-building with Teampuli
With Teampuli, you can organize remote team-building activities, and bingo can be one of them. Use our application to count the number of steps taken by your employees, so you can monitor their bingo activity.
Teampuli is an app that allows you to organize step contests between co-workers or even departments.
- Teams and challenges can be set up within a few minutes
- Wherever your colleagues are in the world, the number of steps adds up
- Challenges can be tailored to your company’s needs
- Interactive features and a rewarding system to keep your colleagues motivated
- Improves the sense of belonging
- Reduces integration difficulties
- Promotes a healthier lifestyle